How often should you update your headshots? You should consider updating your headshots every 2 years, especially in certain industries such as film and theatre.
Here are 5 indications that you should update your headshots:
1. You’ve aged. If you have had your headshots for a couple of years, you may want to update them. Your headshots should look current, so aging is a good indication that your headshots need an update. This is particularly important if your appearance plays a role in you getting work.
2. You’ve updated your look. Have you lost a significant amount of weight, changed your hair, or otherwise change your look? This is another indication that it’s time to schedule a new headshot session. When people meet with you, if they don’t recognize you, it can come off as untrustworthy.
3. Your current headshots are trendy. If your current headshots followed a
particular trend, whether this was a style of photo or fashion, it’s time to update your
images. Unfortunately, trends never last long, which means your headshots quickly become outdated. Consider a timeless look and photo style for the best results.
4. You’re often contacted about roles you’re uninterested in. This is especially pertinent to actors. If you frequently get calls about roles that aren’t your type, it’s time to consider whether your headshots are sending the right message.
5. People often don’t recognize you. This applies to everyone. If potential
employers, clients, or business partners often tell you how different you look in person, you might want to update your headshots.
So, is it time to give your headshots an upgrade?